Comment on page
Supplying and borrowing
In this guide, we will focus on using Venus Protocol to earn interest and borrow BNB Chain assets. If you’re looking for a more technical understanding of what’s happening under the hood, check out Venus Protocol’s whitepaper.
Once you’ve created your BNB Chain Wallet on MetaMask or any other supported wallet App, open the Venus app (app.venus.io). The interface will ask you to connect your Web3 wallet. Connecting your wallet to Venus Protocol enables you to authorize transactions, view balances, and perform other essential actions on the BNB Chain.
After successfully connecting your wallet, you will gain access to all the features of the Venus Protocol interface. In the Dashboard menu you will find all the markets. Clicking one of the markets a new modal will pop out, enabling you to interact with the selected market. Just make sure you are under the "Supply" or "Borrow" tab, depending on the desired action.
Supply Assets to Earn Interest
- 1.Connect your BNB Chain Wallet on MetaMask or other supported wallet app to the Venus app (app.venus.io).
- 2.Navigate to the "Dashboard" menu and select the "Supply" tab.
- 3.Choose the asset you want to supply. For example, if you want to supply TRX, click on the TRX market.
- 4.Enable the asset. This will prompt a transaction confirmation in your wallet. Remember that a small gas fee applies, so ensure some BNB is available in your wallet.
- 5.Specify the amount you want to supply. The selected assets are transferred directly from your wallet to Venus Protocol, earning interest immediately. This interest will be automatically added to your Supply Balance.
Manage your Borrowing Limit
Your borrowing limit on Venus Protocol is a function of the assets you have supplied. The following steps guide you to manage it:
- 1.Navigate to the 'Account'.
- 2.Here, you'll find your Borrow Limit, represented as a percentage of the total value of your supplied assets.
- 3.To adjust this limit, you can either supply more assets or repay some of your outstanding loans.
Borrow Assets on Venus Protocol
After supplying assets, you can borrow other assets within your borrowing limit:
- 1.From the 'Dashboard' menu, go to the 'Borrow' tab.
- 2.Select the asset you want to borrow.
- 3.Input the amount you wish to borrow and confirm the transaction.
Farm $XVS tokens
In addition to earning interest on supplied assets, you can also farm $XVS tokens:
- 1.From the 'Dashboard', select the 'Vote' tab to go to the Venus Governance section.
- 2.Here, you can stake your vTokens to earn XVS tokens.
- 3.Click on 'Stake'. You will be prompted to confirm the transaction in your wallet.
Lending and Borrowing Example
Let's assume you supply 1000 TRX to Venus, and the vTRX/TRX rate is 0.0204. You'd receive approximately 49019 vTRX in return (1000 / 0.0204). If the vTRX/TRX rate increases to 0.0215 after a year, your 49019 vTRX would be worth 1021.5 TRX (49019 * 0.0215), an increase of 21.5 TRX.
Remember that these vTokens represent your collateral in Venus Protocol. It's crucial not to trade or transfer them if you have an active loan, as they're required to maintain your borrowing limit.
Last modified 5mo ago